- DNA and the Origin of the Jews
- The Death of Pharaoh's Firstborn: A One Plague Exodus
- Did Pharaoh's Daughter Name Moses? In Hebrew?
- Jacob Is Renamed Israel (Twice): Why Does the Name Jacob Remain?
- Joseph: The Making of a Prophet
- Was the Joseph Story Written in Egypt During the Persian Period?
- Daniel's Vision of the Four Beasts: The Prehistory of Chanukah
- The Joseph Story: Ancient Literary Art at Its Best
- The Original Meaning of Chanukah
- The (Proto-)Masoretic Text: A Ten-Part Series
- Chanukah: The Greek Influence of Martyrdom
- “Her Name was Tamar”: Invasive, Destructive, Redemptive
- Who Is the Victim in the Dinah Story?
- "God Opened Her Womb": The Biblical Conception of Fertility
- How Is It Possible that Jacob Mistakes Leah for Rachel?
- Looking through the Window: A Gendered Motif
The Latest Essays @ TheGemara.com