TheTorah.com is a work in progress. We will be spending the next few months putting up content, including articles, divrei Torah, personal reflections, explanations of concepts, quick thoughts, etc.
Sign up to our email list.
- Meeting David Steinberg and the Genesis of TheTorah.com – Chanukah 2012
- In the News: The Symbolic Significance of a Torah Scroll
- When a Teacher Believes Biblical Criticism Is Worse Than Pornography
- The Practical Challenge of Torah Study That Transcends Denominations
- Biblical Studies: No More Corrupt than any Other Discipline
- Using Memory, Megillat Esther Confronts the Jewish People with their Past
- But Queen Vashti Refused: Consent and Agency in the Book of Esther
- Is There a Symbolic Meaning to the Awkward Syntax of Leviticus 1:1?
- Leviticus' Rhetorical Presentation of the Sin and Guilt Offerings
- Shabbat with Food: From Biblical Prohibitions to Rabbinic Feasts
- How Exodus Revises the Laws of Hammurabi
- Atoning for the Golden Calf with the Kapporet
- Was Elijah Permitted to Make an Offering on Mount Carmel?
- Is the Divine Origin of the Torah Really Incompatible with Maimonides’ Philosophical Principles?
- Ptolemy II's Gift to the Temple in the Letter of Aristeas
- Is the Autumn Ingathering Festival at the Beginning, Middle, or End of the Year?
- Does the Torah Differentiate between an Unpaid and a Paid Bailee?
- The Seraphim
- “That Is What YHWH Said,” Moses Elaborates on God’s Command About Manna
- The Double Quail Narratives and Bekhor Shor's Innovative Reading
- Exodus through Deception: Asking for a Three-Day Festival
- YHWH: The Original Arabic Meaning of the Name
- Moses and the Fugitive Hero Pattern