TheTorah.com is a work in progress. We will be spending the next few months putting up content, including articles, divrei Torah, personal reflections, explanations of concepts, quick thoughts, etc.
Sign up to our email list.
- Meeting David Steinberg and the Genesis of TheTorah.com – Chanukah 2012
- In the News: The Symbolic Significance of a Torah Scroll
- When a Teacher Believes Biblical Criticism Is Worse Than Pornography
- The Practical Challenge of Torah Study That Transcends Denominations
- Biblical Studies: No More Corrupt than any Other Discipline
- Two Versions of the Decalogue: Ibn Ezra’s Non-Explanation
- The Many Recensions of the Ten Commandments
- Assyrian Deportation and Resettlement: The Story of Samaria
- Reconstructing the Features of Solomon’s Temple
- The Daughters of Zelophehad: A Historical-Geographical Approach
- The Settlement of Reuben and Gad: A Rhetorical Case for Transjordan as Part of the Promised Land
- Dibon-Gad: Between the Torah and the Mesha Stele
- Sedition at Moab: Josephus’ Reading of the Phinehas Story
- The Account of Balaam’s Donkey: A Late Polemical Burlesque
- Balaam the Seer Is Recast as a Villain
- Navigating the Torah's Rough Narrative Terrain into the Land
- Moses Strikes the Rock in Exodus and Numbers: One Story or Two?
- The Flowering Staff: Proof of Aaron's or the Levites' Election?
- Aaron’s Flowering Staff: A Priestly Asherah?
- Fire Pans in the Bible and Archaeology
- Rahab the Faithful Harlot
- What Kinds of Fish Were Eaten in Ancient Jerusalem?
- Samson the Demigod?