TheTorah.com is a work in progress. We will be spending the next few months putting up content, including articles, divrei Torah, personal reflections, explanations of concepts, quick thoughts, etc.
Sign up to our email list.
- Looking through the Window: A Gendered Motif
- Rebecca’s Character
- Rebekah Ran to her "Mother’s Household”: Where Was her Father?
- Who Was Rebekah’s Father?
- Why Does the Sodom Story Parallel the Flood Traditions?
- Circumcision: Interpreting the Foreskin as a Defect
- Isaac’s Divine Conception?
- Akedah: How Jews and Christians Explained Abraham's Faith
- What Kind of Hero is Abraham?
- Noah, Ham and the Curse of Canaan: Who Did What to Whom in the Tent?
- The Motif of Releasing Birds in ANE Flood Stories
- My Encounter with the Firmament
- The Gender of God
- Knowing My Beloved: Rebuilding My Path to Torah with Critical Scholarship
- The Origins of Sukkot
- Deuteronomy on the Problem of Using the Senses to Experience God
- Why Do We Read the Incest Prohibitions on Yom Kippur?
- An Ancient Precedent for the Yom Kippur War?