TheTorah.com is a work in progress. We will be spending the next few months putting up content, including articles, divrei Torah, personal reflections, explanations of concepts, quick thoughts, etc.
Sign up to our email list.
- Meeting David Steinberg and the Genesis of TheTorah.com – Chanukah 2012
- In the News: The Symbolic Significance of a Torah Scroll
- When a Teacher Believes Biblical Criticism Is Worse Than Pornography
- The Practical Challenge of Torah Study That Transcends Denominations
- Biblical Studies: No More Corrupt than any Other Discipline
- Torah in Translation: Rendering the Story of Joseph in English
- Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream: The Revision of Daniel’s Role During Antiochus’ Persecution
- Joseph Interprets Pharaoh’s Dreams — An Israelite Type-922 Folktale
- Why the Joseph Story Portrays Egypt Positively
- Chanukah and the Politics Behind the Maccabean Revolt
- 2 and 4 Maccabees: Evolving Responses to Hellenism
- Why Does the Torah Describe Babies Born Hands First?
- Jacob’s Journey to Mahanaim and Penuel in J and E
- Why Is Esau's Kiss Dotted?
- Did Jacob Meet Yhwh by the Stairway to Heaven in Beth-El?
- Esau the Ancestor of Rome
- How Silver Was Used for Payment
- The Shunammite Woman and the Patriarchy Problem
- What Does Sarah's Expulsion of Hagar Signify for Abraham's Descendants?
- What Caused the War between the Kings? Philo’s Dual Interpretation
- Noah — A Relatable Ancestor of Humanity
- Antediluvian Knowledge
- The Exposition of the Garden of Eden Story