Avraham Avinu is My Father
Thoughts on Torah, History and Judaism
By Rabbi Zev Farber Ph.D.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Sum of the Matter
- What Kinds of Fish Were Eaten in Ancient Jerusalem?
- Samson the Demigod?
- The Sotah Ritual: Permitting a Jealous Husband to Remain with His Wife
- Dramatizing Torah Reading with Aramaic Liturgical Poetry
- Ezekiel’s Vision of God and the Chariot
- “Torah Is from Heaven!” What Do We Really Mean?
- Does God's Property Belong to the Priesthood? Hittite Versus Biblical Law
- How All Kohanim Became "Sons of Aaron"
- Balancing Social Responsibility with Market Economics
- Why Did King Hezekiah Celebrate His Inaugural Passover a Month Late?