TheTorah.com is a work in progress. We will be spending the next few months putting up content, including articles, divrei Torah, personal reflections, explanations of concepts, quick thoughts, etc.
Sign up to our email list.
- What Really Happened at the Sea
- Shabbat HaYom, HaYom, HaYom: Stylistic Repetition or Polemical Assertion that Shabbat Starts in the Morning?
- When Pharaoh's Stubbornness Caught God by Surprise
- Finding the Source of Water in Marah
- The Historical Exodus
- Jewish Attitudes Towards the Land of Israel during the Time of the Second Temple
- The Origins of the Biblical Pesach
- Reconstructing the Priestly Moses: Making Sense of the Opening of Vaeira
- Source Criticism: It’s in the (Plague of) Blood
- Reading the Plagues in their Ancient Egyptian Context
- The Ten Plagues and Egyptian Ecology: Could the Story Have Its Basis in Natural Phenomena?
- Don’t Call Me Hebrew! The Mysterious Origins of the First Anti-Semitic Slur
- Moses, Aaron, and Miriam: Were They Siblings?
- "All of Jacob’s Descents Numbered Seventy-Five": The Opening of Exodus in the Dead Sea Scrolls
- The Exodus Story as Jewish Mnemohistory
- Jacobs Multiple Death Scenes: Bringing Parashat Vayechi to Life
- Mourning for Jacob at Goren ha-Atad − Across the Jordan
- The Psychological Mechanisms that Protect Unreasonable Faith Claims