The Latest Essays @ TheGemara.com
- We would like to thank:
Rebecca & Bennett Lindenbaum
Ray & Matthew Lindenbaum
and our many other supporters, without whom this project would not be possible.
A special mention to a friend, who wishes to remain anonymous, whose generosity and friendship made the project possible.
- The Prohibition of Joining the Assembly of the Lord
- The Law of the Disrespectful Son and Daughter
- Keeping Excrement out of God’s Presence
- The Guilt of the Slanderer and the Sotah
- In What Sense did Orthodoxy Believe the Torah to be Divine?
- King David and Oedipus Rex: Reading the Succession Narrative as Anti-Monarchic Greek Tragedy
- Deuteronomy’s Justice System: Real and Ideal
- The Mitzvah of Covering the Blood of Wild Animals
- The Cow that Laid an Egg (!): Korban Chagigah from the Torah to the Seder Plate
- Why Deuteronomy has an Account of Aaron’s Death in the Wrong Place
- An Interview with Dr. Tova Ganzel: On the religious challenge of academic biblical scholarship
- Biblical Theodicy & Why God Made Israel Wander in the Wilderness
- The Building Blocks of Biblical Interpretations: Text, Lexicon, and Grammar
- The Oldest Known Copy of the Decalogue?
- Understanding Idolatry