- Apportioning the Land: By Lot and By Population?!
- Contesting the Identification of Elijah the Immortal As Pinchas the Zealot
- Sensing Balaam’s Divine Moment: Prophecy as Poetry
- R. Yehudah HaChasid Radical Suggestion: The Song of the Well, Psalm 136, Was Removed from the Torah
- Ironing out Israel’s Itinerary through the Transjordan
- Datan and Abiram: A Rebellion of the Shepherds in the Land of Israel
- What was Caleb the Kenizzite’s Connection To Hebron?
- “Kiryat-Arba is Hebron….” But Is It?
- Kiryat-Arba: The Father of Giants and the City of Four
- Using Deuteronomy to Fill in the Lacunae of Numbers’ Spies Story
- Hovav the Midianite: Why Was the End of the Story Cut?
- Re-Encountering Miriam
- Birkat Kohanim: The Magic of a Blessing
- Queen Berenice: A Woman of Contrasts
- Why Are There No Israelite Priestesses?
- Hosea: Loving God Erotically
- Whose Torah Do We Celebrate on Shavuot?
The Latest Essays @ TheGemara.com