- What was Caleb the Kenizzite’s Connection To Hebron?
- “Kiryat-Arba is Hebron….” But Is It?
- Kiryat-Arba: The Father of Giants and the City of Four
- Using Deuteronomy to Fill in the Lacunae of Numbers’ Spies Story
- Hovav the Midianite: Why Was the End of the Story Cut?
- Re-Encountering Miriam
- Birkat Kohanim: The Magic of a Blessing
- Queen Berenice: A Woman of Contrasts
- Why Are There No Israelite Priestesses?
- Hosea: Loving God Erotically
- Whose Torah Do We Celebrate on Shavuot?
- Acquiring Ruth with the Land: A Text-Critical Solution for Ruth 4:5
- Book of Ruth: Recasting David’s Foreign Origins
- Book of Ruth: Achieving Justice Through Narrative
- Naomi’s Bitter Poem
- The Ancient Practice of Attributing Texts and Ideas to Moses
- The Israelite Conquest of Jerusalem in the Bible: When and Who?
The Latest Essays @ TheGemara.com