- The Mitzvah to Love God: Shadal's Polemic against the Philosophical Interpretation
- What Are Clay Female Figurines Doing in Judah during the Biblical Period?
- The Shema and the Commandment to Love God in Its Ancient Contexts
- Lamenting with Job: The Karaite Version of the Fasts for Jerusalem
- Lamentations in Seasonal Context
- Why Did Vespasian and Titus Destroy Jerusalem?
- Reimagining the Israelite-Edomite Encounter
- Deutero-Isaiah Reworks Past Prophecies to Comfort Israel
- Why Can Women’s Vows Be Vetoed?
- Does the Torah Differentiate between Murder and Killing?
- Apportioning the Land: By Lot and By Population?!
- Contesting the Identification of Elijah the Immortal As Pinchas the Zealot
- Sensing Balaam’s Divine Moment: Prophecy as Poetry
- R. Yehudah HaChasid Radical Suggestion: The Song of the Well, Psalm 136, Was Removed from the Torah
- Ironing out Israel’s Itinerary through the Transjordan
- Datan and Abiram: A Rebellion of the Shepherds in the Land of Israel
- What was Caleb the Kenizzite’s Connection To Hebron?
The Latest Essays @ TheGemara.com