TheTorah.com is a work in progress. We will be spending the next few months putting up content, including articles, divrei Torah, personal reflections, explanations of concepts, quick thoughts, etc.
Sign up to our email list.
- Meeting David Steinberg and the Genesis of TheTorah.com – Chanukah 2012
- In the News: The Symbolic Significance of a Torah Scroll
- When a Teacher Believes Biblical Criticism Is Worse Than Pornography
- The Practical Challenge of Torah Study That Transcends Denominations
- Biblical Studies: No More Corrupt than any Other Discipline
- Why Did King Hezekiah Celebrate His Inaugural Passover a Month Late?
- Bestiality in Biblical and Hittite Law
- Does the Torah Prohibit Father–Daughter Incest?
- Which Relatives Are You Prohibited from Marrying?
- Retelling the Story of Moses at Dura Europos Synagogue
- Levantines in 15th and 14th Century Egyptian Art
- In the Torah, Is the Ger Ever a Convert?
- The Four Sons: How the Midrash Developed
- Exodus: The History Behind the Story
- How Pesach became Passover
- Tum’ah: Ritual Impurity or Fear of Contagious Disease?
- Gendering a Child with Ritual
- What Is the Bible's Calendar?
- Why Rome Is Likened to a Boar
- Using Memory, Megillat Esther Confronts the Jewish People with their Past
- But Queen Vashti Refused: Consent and Agency in the Book of Esther
- Is There a Symbolic Meaning to the Awkward Syntax of Leviticus 1:1?
- Leviticus' Rhetorical Presentation of the Sin and Guilt Offerings