By Rabbi Zev Farber Ph.D.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Sum of the Matter
- The Prohibition of Joining the Assembly of the Lord
- The Law of the Disrespectful Son and Daughter
- Keeping Excrement out of God’s Presence
- The Guilt of the Slanderer and the Sotah
- In What Sense did Orthodoxy Believe the Torah to be Divine?
- King David and Oedipus Rex: Reading the Succession Narrative as Anti-Monarchic Greek Tragedy
- Deuteronomy’s Justice System: Real and Ideal
- The Mitzvah of Covering the Blood of Wild Animals
- The Cow that Laid an Egg (!): Korban Chagigah from the Torah to the Seder Plate
- Why Deuteronomy has an Account of Aaron’s Death in the Wrong Place