By Rabbi Zev Farber Ph.D.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Sum of the Matter
- What Really Happened at the Sea
- Shabbat HaYom, HaYom, HaYom: Stylistic Repetition or Polemical Assertion that Shabbat Starts in the Morning?
- When Pharaoh's Stubbornness Caught God by Surprise
- Finding the Source of Water in Marah
- The Historical Exodus
- Jewish Attitudes Towards the Land of Israel during the Time of the Second Temple
- The Origins of the Biblical Pesach
- Reconstructing the Priestly Moses: Making Sense of the Opening of Vaeira
- Source Criticism: It’s in the (Plague of) Blood
- Reading the Plagues in their Ancient Egyptian Context