Avraham Avinu is My Father
Thoughts on Torah, History and Judaism
By Rabbi Zev Farber Ph.D.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Sum of the Matter
- Breaking the Heifer's Neck: A Bloodless Ritual for an Unsolved Murder
- Edom’s Copper Mines in Timna: Their Significance in the 10th Century
- Was There Ever an Ir Hannidahat (Subverted City)?
- Can a False Prophet Perform Miracles?
- The Shema's Second Paragraph: Concern Over Israel's Affluence
- The Shema's Second Paragraph: An Inner-Biblical Interpretation
- The Covenant in Moab: Deuteronomy Without Horeb
- Does Rashi's Torah Commentary Respond to Christianity?
- Tisha B'Av: On What Day Were the Jerusalem Temples Destroyed?
- Judean Life in Babylonia