AVRAHAM AVINU IS MY FATHER:
THOUGHTS ON TORAH, HISTORY, AND JUDAISM
By Rabbi Zev Farber Ph.D.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Nature of Human Faith
- The Two Pockets of Reb Simcha Bunam
- The Innate Qualities of Human Faith
- The Tenacity of Faith: Defeating the Total Perspective Vortex
Channeling the Divine
- The Mistake of Binary Thinking
- The Wave Theory
The Sum of the Matter
- Why Conclude with the Daughters of Zelophehad?
- Redacting the Relationship to the Transjordanian Tribes: Kinship versus Commandment
- Why Now? Toward a Sociology of Knowledge Analysis of TheTorah.com
- How Ancient Scribes Tried to Make Sense of the Composite Story of Baal Peor
- What Do Genealogies Teach Us About Torah?
- A Pagan "Prophet Like Moses" - Balaam and the Problem of Other People's Revelation
- Who was Balaam’s God: YHWH El? Or Bull El?
- Who is the Eshet Chayil?
- The Rites of the Red Heifer
- Korah, Datan and Abiram: A Case Study For The Methods of Academic Biblical Studies