By Rabbi Zev Farber Ph.D.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Sum of the Matter
- Embracing Academic Torah Study: Modern Orthodoxy’s Challenge
- A Shofar-less “Rosh Hashanah”: A Karaite’s Experience of Yom Teru’ah
- The Hakhel Ceremony: Who, What, When and Where
- God's Coronation on Rosh Hashanah: What Kind of King?
- Committing to the Covenant “Today”
- Babylonian Rosh Hashanah: Battle, Creation, Enthronement, and Justice
- The Psalm of the Shofar: Its Use in Liturgy and its Meaning in the Bible
- The Akeda and Rosh Hashanah: Invoking the Original Oath God was Forced to Make
- The Novel Introduction of Blessings into our Treaty with God
- The Surprising Omission of the Sinai Theophany in the Bikkurim Ritual Declaration