AVRAHAM AVINU IS MY FATHER:
THOUGHTS ON TORAH, HISTORY, AND JUDAISM
By Rabbi Zev Farber Ph.D.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Nature of Human Faith
- The Two Pockets of Reb Simcha Bunam
- The Innate Qualities of Human Faith
- The Tenacity of Faith: Defeating the Total Perspective Vortex
Channeling the Divine
- The Mistake of Binary Thinking
- The Wave Theory
The Sum of the Matter
- Deuteronomy: Religious Centralization or Decentralization?
- The Golden Calf: Comparing the Two Versions
- A Theological Revolution In Devarim
- The Purification of a Niddah: When Silence Matters
- Sefer Devarim's Jewish Democratic and Egalitarian Agenda
- The Cycle of Life and Torah: Accepting Our Mortality
- The Significance of Ibn Ezra’s Position that Verses were Added to the Torah
- Why Bnei Akiva Needs Biblical Criticism
- It is Very Close to You: Why Devarim Matters to Jews Today
- Why Conclude with the Daughters of Zelophehad?