By Rabbi Zev Farber Ph.D.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Sum of the Matter
- Using Memory, Megillat Esther Confronts the Jewish People with their Past
- But Queen Vashti Refused: Consent and Agency in the Book of Esther
- Is There a Symbolic Meaning to the Awkward Syntax of Leviticus 1:1?
- Leviticus' Rhetorical Presentation of the Sin and Guilt Offerings
- Shabbat with Food: From Biblical Prohibitions to Rabbinic Feasts
- How Exodus Revises the Laws of Hammurabi
- Atoning for the Golden Calf with the Kapporet
- Was Elijah Permitted to Make an Offering on Mount Carmel?
- Is the Divine Origin of the Torah Really Incompatible with Maimonides’ Philosophical Principles?
- Ptolemy II's Gift to the Temple in the Letter of Aristeas