- Comparing Curses
- Turning Jeremiah’s Land Deed Into an Oracle of Hope
- The Import of Lex Talionis in the Story of the Blasphemer
- When and Where the Israelites Dwelt in Sukkot
- The Inner Workings of a Genizah Midrash on the Symbolic Value of Orlah
- An Inner-Biblical Elaboration of the Decalogue
- The Priestly Repudiation of Yibbum
- Are Biblical Dietary Laws Meant to Keep Israelites Separate?
- Tikvatenu: The Poem that Inspired Israel’s National Anthem, Hatikva
- The Practice of Divination in the Ancient Near East
- Yom Kippur and the Nature of Fasting
- The Subversive Kaddish
- The Biblical Prohibition of Polygyny?
- Amos’ Puns in the Northern (Israelite) Dialect
- Israel’s Departure from Egypt: A Liberation or an Escape?
- The Israelites Are Not the Hyksos!
- Deepening Love in the Song of Songs
The Latest Essays @ TheGemara.com